Re: Configuring WebHTTrack as I WANT

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018, Richard Owlett wrote:

Caveat: I know nothing about seamonkey, and I have never used
httrack/webhttrack.

WebHTTrack insists on using Firefox as the User Interface.

Are you certain webhttrack isn't just using x-www-browser, which
happens to be set, via the links in your /etc/alternatives directory,
to firefox?

What does the following tell you?

 $ update-alternatives --display x-www-browser

That *VERY* annoying as I use SeaMonkey > 99.9% of the time.

If in fact firefox is the currently selected alternative for
x-www-browser, you can choose another one (interactively) with

 # update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

If seamonkey is not presently one of the available alternatives for
x-www-browser, you can register it as an alternative like so[1]:

 # update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser /path/to/seamonkey 20

If you do in fact need to register seamonkey as an alternative for
x-www-browser, and if you have a seamonkey man page installed, you'll
probably want to register its man page too. You could extend the
command above like so, to accomplish this:

 # update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser
   /path/to/seamonkey 20 --slave
   /usr/share/man/man1/x-www-browser.1.gz x-www-browser.1.gz
   /path/to/man-page/for/seamonkey.1.gz

You will need to replace /path/to/seamonkey, in the above commands,
with the path to your seamonkey program,

 $ type -P seamonkey # print path to seamonkey executable

and replace /path/to/man-page/for/seamonkey.1.gz with the appropriate
path to the man page file:

 $ man -w seamonkey # display the path to seamonkey's man page

I went to the website <http://www.httrack.com> and did not find anything even somewhat relevant.

I attempted to edit usr/bin/webhttrack without benefit.
Searching suggest these locations for possible edits.

Contains:
at line 6:	BROWSEREXE=""
edited to:	BROWSEREXE="seamonkey"

at line 7: SRCHBROWSEREXE="x-www-browser www-browser iceape mozilla firefox ... edited to: SRCHBROWSEREXE="x-www-browser www-browser iceape mozilla seamonkey firefox ...

My line of questioning/suggestions above was inspired by the prominent
position of "x-www-browser" in the list immediately above.

Lastly, regarding the change below, does a *directory*
/usr/bin/seamonkey/ exist on your system? Looks a little weird to
me. (Not that I would know.)

at line 20:	SRCHPATH="$BINWD /usr/local/bin /usr/share/bin /usr/bin  ...
edited to: SRCHPATH="$BINWD /usr/bin/seamonkey/ /usr/local/bin /usr/share/bin /usr/bin ...

Good luck with your project.

NOTES

1. "20" is a priority. Relatively high numbers mean relatively high
priority. Replace it with whatever numeric priority you fancy. But
note that with "update-alternatives --config" you can manually select
any alternative, regardless of its priority.