Re: Network setup by installer

On Fri 19 Jan 2018 at 15:21:31 (+0000), Brian wrote:
> On Fri 19 Jan 2018 at 08:27:22 -0600, David Wright wrote:

> > Yes, AIUI it doesn't try to read our minds but assumes the
> > installation methid is what will be used. And with a wired
> > interface configured, if you reboot with a wire connected,
> > the system will bring it up.
>
> I'm fine with that.
>
> > With wireless, there's no real equivalent to the wire
> > being connected. Even when installed and configured with
> > wireless, rebooting doesn't automatically bring up a
> > network; you need to type ifup.
>
> I'm not fine with this. Given a WAP and a passphrase ifupdown connects
> automatically here. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

Yes, sorry, I misremembered, as it was a while since I'd done
a wireless installation. Here's the results of doing one just
now. It wasn't so much the ifup that was needed as populating
/etc/network/interfaces itself.

$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface