Re: mismatch 9.0-live & 9.3

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>this thread is not the only one which reports bad PGP results.
>Two days ago there was from sejobud33@bitmessage.de
>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2018/01/msg00024.html
>with a reply from Steve McIntyre
>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2018/01/msg00025.html
>saying that it works for him (as it does for john doe and me).
>
>It's time for developing some weird theories about what happens.
>
>bitmessage.de and airmail.nz look like two antipodes. Can it be
>that the recognition is broken in the Debian servers, whether the
>bits must be represented upside down ? *<:o))

I responded to sejobud33@bitmessage.de some more, trying to work out
what they had done to see where the problem was, but I've had no
further contact. Both bitmessage.de and airmail.nz are actually just
aliases for elude.in, and the message style of the two mails is very
similar. I'm fairly confident it's the same person.

If so, it's rather annoying when you try to help somebody with a
problem *they're* having and they ignore you.

I'm genuinely happy if people report errors that they find! It's
important that people verify checksums and report problems that they
find. However, in this case I'm reasonably sure things are OK as
published. I'd like to understand how things are breaking here.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds