Re: Crossgrading Wheezy from 32bit to 64bit: Solving package dependency problems after kernel change.

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:58:48 +0100
Pieter Van Isacker <pieter.vanisacker@lightspeedhq.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While testing change a Debian Wheezy from 32bit to 64bit I ran into an
> issue. Following the guide on https://wiki.debian.org/CrossGrading
> <https://wiki.debian.org/CrossGrading> Once we've change to 64bit we
> plan to update to Debian 8 and then possibly to Debian 9

About two years ago, before upgrading from wheezy to jessie, I
successfully switched my system from 32 to 64 bit (after two failed
trials :)
When I had first started with the tips from the above link, the results
were desastrous :)
The advice from the following page:
http://blog.zugschlus.de/archives/972-How-to-amd64-an-i386-Debian-installation-with-multiarch.html
worked for me, although of course I cannot guarantee that they will work
for you either. And I'll have to add that I began to do as above page
instructed me only halfway into the process (when I had almost manoeuvered
myself into disaster again), so I cannot tell about the first half of that
page's instructions; the second half though surely saved my day back then.

Good luck (and don't forget to backup first!! :)

Michael

It is necessary to have purpose.
		-- Alice #1, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3