Re: Stretch Lite

David composed on 2018-01-14 17:54 (UTC):

> I know there is a version of Rasbian called Stretch Lite.

> Is there a version of Debian to run headless without the excess clutter
> of office etc?

> I've tried removing the bits I don't need, but made an awful mess of it,
> better not to load it in the first place.

Start the installer with the following included on the boot cmdline:

	tasks=standard base-installer/install-recommends=false

All my own installations start that way, normally as a part of network
installation, downloading little in advance of starting the installation:

	https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/