Re: Debian iso installation incorrectly sets sources.list

Pascal wrote:
>Le 10/01/2018 à 05:34, The Wanderer a écrit :
>>
>> the sizes of the images, particularly in the
>> case of multi-image sets, are determined based on what is expected to be
>> able to fit on a DVD or a CD.
>
>Not only. Otherwise, the #1 (bootable) DVD images would have a size of
>4.7 GB, like subsequent DVD images. Instead, they have a size of 4 GB
>only. AFAIK, this is so that it can fit in a 4-GB USB stick or as a file
>in a FAT filesystem.

Exactly designed to fit on a 4GB USB stick, yes. But otherwise sizes
are designed to fit various optical media. I *have* pondered about
doing slightly-undersized "DL-DVD" sized media again to fit on 8GB
media, but not sure tbh...

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds