Re: Strange message during boot

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 08:22:51AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
I multi-boot several varieties of Debian.
When booting one specific install I many repetitions to the effect that it is beginning a specific script.

It then proceeds to bring up an apparently normal system.

Would this be logged somewhere?
Where?

If the instance of Debian is new enough to use systemd, try:

journactl -xb

("Show journal messages from the current boot with explanations")

Otherwise, try looking in /var/log/bootlog. If that doesn't exist, you may install the 'boootlogd' package and restart (installing it will configure the boot process appropriately, but you'll need to do one more boot to actually start capturing the logs).

TIA

--
For more information, please reread.