Re: Android Debian - Lets start Debian for Android hw phones

On 01/08/2018 04:52 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2018-01-08, SDA <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 12:25:50AM +0100, Anders Andersson wrote:
On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Samuel <sam.vzh@orange.fr> wrote:
could you add a support for wiko
I have a wiko lenny 4 plus

Sure! Probably a small job. I'll submit a patch tomorrow to port
debian to android.

Well, Debian does call itself the 'Universal Operating System'. Maybe that
phrase should be rethought since it doesn't run on all devices. Worthy
thought, but not reality.

I was going to say a while back in yet another tangential digression
that the trend in personal computing (outside of the work environment,
at least) is toward mobile devices (notably smartphones) where Linux (as
an OS--yes, I see you coming from here) is virtually absent.

Are there any mobile devices [ *EXCLUDING* smartphones] in current production and available in the US. I know of some crowd funded projects in that direction. Some to "be available real soon now" ;/