Re: How to create a PDF-Printer from the command line

On 2018-01-07, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

>> > How does one convert a text file to a PDF using the command line?
>> >

>>  unoconv -f pdf text.txt
>
> 50+ megabytes of the libreoffice stack to install, But yes, that will
> do it. A sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Depends on the nut, doesn't it?

Anyhoo, I don't understand where you get the 50+ megabytes. I see two
dependencies in stable (python3 and python3-uno), a package size of 48.8
kB, and an installed size of 327.0 kB. So I'm understanding the package
does not depend upon the installation of LibreOffice proper (the
redoubtable "stack"?).

Perhaps my comprehension is faulty.

--
"An autobiography is only to be trusted when it reveals something disgraceful.
A man who gives a good account of himself is probably lying, since any life