Re: How to create a PDF-Printer from the command line

I am grateful for all the suggestions. The reason I would like to
setup a PDF printer is so that I can use the lp command to print most
of the common file formats that might come as email attachments to the
PDF printer to have them all end up in the ~/PDF folder. For example:

lp -d PDF-Printer image.jpg

This way if there is no physical printer accessible from the Pi, one
can just print to the PDF printer and print a hard copy later from the
generated PDFs.

On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 03:28:48PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Fri 05 Jan 2018 at 21:06:22 -0600, Jason wrote:
>
> > On a RasperryPi with Raspbian, I would like to create a PDF Printer to
> > print files to. I only know how to do this with the GUI program
> > system-config-printer but I don't want to install that on this
> > Pi. What shell command do I need to create a PDF printer on the Pi (or
> > on any Debian, for that matter)?
>
> lpadmin. The wiki should help.

I had looked into lpadmin and thought that might be what I need but
couldn't find in the man page how to add a printer. I don't have web
access so am asking here rather than looking on the wiki.

So basically what I'm asking is how to add a printer (this could apply
to any printer, not just PDF) without needing to install a printer
configuration GUI.

Thanks.
--
Jason