Re: Thunderbird no longer opens links

On 04/12/17 12:49, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 03:30:50PM +0100, solitone wrote:
>> On 01/12/17 15:22, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>>> AppArmor is not enabled in current
>>> stable, so you should only hit this bug if you are using stable's
>>> thunderbird on a testing/sid system, or manually enabling AppArmor
>>> yourself on stable.
>>
>> I have stretch, and didn't requested it manually, but was installed
>> with the latest kernel update from stretch backports. I think it was
>> installed because of that backported kernel version:
>
> Ouch, I think this is probably a mistake. Good catch!

This is the message I get when I install the bpo kernel:

apt-listchanges: News

linux-latest (86) unstable; urgency=medium

  * From Linux 4.13.10-1, AppArmor is enabled by default.  This allows
    defining a "profile" for each installed program that can mitigate
    security vulnerabilities in it.  However, an incorrect profile might
    disable some functionality of the program.

    In case you suspect that an AppArmor profile is incorrect, see
    <https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/11/msg00178.html> and
    consider reporting a bug in the package providing the profile.  The
    profile may be part of the program's package or apparmor-profiles.