Re: How to relocate LVM pv to make room for grub install
Le 02/01/2018 à 00:56, Tom Dial a écrit :
Which is the boot disk ?
Then you didn't need to make room for GRUB on /dev/sdb.
So maybe the right plan is
This is one of the many possible plans.
0. make a grub-rescue CD just in case of need
1. restore the old (jessie) /boot/grub/*
2. shut down, move the remaining partitions with gparted
Actually only /dev/sda1, which must not be in used, i.e. no LV having
extents in it must be active.
3. reboot using the old grub, kernel, initrd, etc.
4. restore the new (stretch) /boot/grub/*
No need to restore the new /boot/grub/*, grub-install will recreate it.
5. run grub-install to install the new grub
6. reboot and finish the stretch upgrade.