Re: vbox installation

On 12/14/2017 12:53 PM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
On 14/12/17 13:57, Jack Dangler wrote:
All

Just letting you know that virtualbox on a linux host stops at 5.0.4 for
the moment if you intend to install the extension pack. I installed 5.2
this morning on a new deb box i built and when i installed the ext pack,
5.2 was removed from the system and replaced with 5.0.40.

Regards

Just for information. Vbox 5.2.2 is running fine under stretch with full
USB support. Pity I can't say the same about a Win 10 VM that has been
updating itself for the past hour - without any progress information.

Peter HB

Thanks for the update, Peter. I may try again in the future, but with work backing up, I installed a fresh deb kernel and installed/configured a short list of tools I need to get work done. It's actually much easier than i expected it to be. Updates might be a bit interesting, but I'll work it out. Merry Christmas!