Re: on-screen artifacts (red pixels) at high resolution with Intel HD 630 (Kaby Lake)

Alexandre Rossi composed on 2017-12-14 22:56 (UTC+0100):

> Two other PCs (Linux and Windows) going through the same HDMI cable to
> the same TV and same TV port using the same 1920x1080 resolution work
> perfectly.

How long is the cable? Do you have access to another to try? ~20% of the HDMI
cables I have are either useless or flaky with at least one device.

Does the TV label any of its HDMI ports differently from the others? One of mine
does, labeling one HDMI-3/DVI. It does behave differently than the others.

> Outputting to another 1920x1080 monitor works well.

Do you have another, to which you could connect using DisplayPort or HDMI?

> I've tried multiple combinations of Xorg setup with no working setup :
> - modesetting Xorg driver with glamor or none as AccelMethod
> - intel Xorg driver with sna or uxa as AccelMethod, DRI 2 or 3.
> I've also tried with i915.enable_rc6=0 and this does not change anything.

The log you previously attached reports "Indeterminate output size" from the
Samsung 659's EDID. I wonder if it would change anything to include an output
size in xorg.conf?

Same log shows both 60.0 and 59.9 1920x1080 modes. You could try forcing to use
the other, or 50.0, at least to see if the problem remains.

> I would also love
> to get any other idea or pointer regarding solving this.

Bring it up on: