RE: OT: Troubleshooting an IP device on a LAN from another LAN--would a VPN work?

Hi,

>> I'll look into LogMein later today or tomorrow
> A free option but they irritate you with advertising is Teamviewer....
> FREE for individual use.

For Windows computers I like Teamviewer best, also because the other side, which I am supporting does not need to install anything.
They just go to the website and select "Download Quicksupport" on the website homepage and start it.

In your case where you want to help them regularly you can have them install the full package and then when you have a connection set it up as a service so you can allways connect without them being there. I do that with some people where I do support when they are NOT there so I won't interfere.

> Just pay attention and keep it patched up. They keep finding security holes...
But it will also warn you each time when there is a new version. If the other side uses the quicksupport download they will allways have the new version.

Bonno Bloksma