Re: Repharsing [MATE Search Tool -- forcing a default search path]

On 2017-12-10, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> I have not discovered a pattern in how the default for "Look in folder:"
> is determined.

Man page for Mate search tool says:

OPTIONS

--path=PATH
  Set the text of "Look in folder" search option

so presumably (hah!) editing the launcher to

 mate-search-tool --path=/

would do what you desire (you have so many of them, though, desires,
some of which are so fastidiously exacting, I fear you can never truly
be satisfied).

But maybe you're like Sanchez with his historically consistent inconsistency, and
your chronic dissatisfaction is your deliberate personal form of satisfaction.

Haha.

--
"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."
— Charles Bukowski