Filter logcheck reboot messages?

Hi all,

I'm generally a happy user of logcheck, but it makes a lot of noise at
boot time, from kernel messages and startup scripts.

There are two problems with this: Firstly, it's a lot of work to go
through and create filters for just me - I started once, and gave up.
Secondly, I don't actually know, necessarily, which lines are normal,
which bits change normally and should be wildcarded, and which bits I
should actually be worried about.

Has there been any effort to create filters for this? Maybe they could
be provided by the kernel-image package?

Or are there alternatives to logcheck that deal with this better?

This has especially become a problem since I now have a server that only
runs part time (it's in my study, it's loud, noisy and generates heat,
and only does backups of remote systems at night, so I've set it up with
a wake-on-lan cronjob), so it produces these messages every day.
Actually two sets, because it's a VM, and the host obviously shuts down too.

Thanks,
Richard