Re: Embarrassing security bug in systemd

On Wed 06 Dec 2017 at 22:52:17 (+0100), Urs Thuermann wrote:
> Yesterday, my 10 years old son logged into my laptop running Debian
> jessie using his account, and curiously asked if he is allowed to try
> the /sbin/reboot command.  Knowing I have a Linux system as opposed to
> some crappy Win machine, I replied "sure, go ahead and try".  Seconds
> later I was completely shocked when the machine actually rebooted...

That's a lot of typing! I just type Ctrl-Alt-Backspace Ctrl-Alt-Del
to reboot, or tap the power button to shut down. I've also noticed
that I don't need to type any password to close the lid.
Presumably your son has progressed beyond mischievously holding down
the power button.

Cheers,
David.