Re: [OT] Relavant mailing list or USENET group

On 2017-12-03 at 22:49, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 12/03/2017 06:26 PM, David Wright wrote:

>>> Presence of internal hardware capable of radiating in cell
>>> network spectrum (omitting SIM card insufficient).
>>
>> As today's priorities are mobility and connectivity, your market
>> has just evaporated.
>
> You err -- I've not loss any weight much less evaporated. I'm just
> not part of a market that you see yourself a member of.

I parsed his statement as meaning "with the addition of that criterion,
the size of the expectable market for such a device falls to such low
levels that no one is going to bother manufacturing the device". Or
words to that effect.

>>> No
>>
>> No————is the wrong answer (paraphrasing Angus Deayton).
>
> There were two possible sets as an answer. A null set *OR* a non null
> set. I chose the first.

But an answer to which question?

There were two questions given.

If the answer to the first question is "no", then the answer to the
second cannot be "no", and vice versa; in other words, the questions are
mutually exclusive.

Your answer could mean "no, it is not sufficient that the device does
not connect to a cellular telephone network" (in which case "yes, there
are other features which must also be omitted"; what are they?),

or it could mean "no, there are no other features which must also be
omitted" (in which case "yes, it is sufficient that the device does not
connect to a cellular telephone network"),

but it cannot mean both.

When faced with two mutually exclusive questions, if you want to be
understood, you must either answer both, or make it clear which question
you are answering.

--
   The Wanderer