Re: playing blurays with vlc (or other)

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017, deloptes wrote:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray

  all links in that page are dead (i.e. error 404)
  anyway, after downloading bdplus-vm0, I was able to play
  the bluray with vlc, but with a very bad video. And if I
  try to select a track other than 1, the video is completely scrambled.
  I must add that that the problem doesn't come from the disc,
  as I can see it correctly with the reader of my ADSL box.

never purchased blue-ray videos, but I am a fan of mplayer

  I also tried mplayer: mplayer  br:////mnt
  I get a 2-hour presentation video, but impossible to select the film
  itself, or to open any menu. That is curiously the contrary of vlc,
  with which I'm unable to see this presentation talk...

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel