Re: why is my debian automatically doing apt updates?

gee, do you think this PackageKit thing might have something to do with
it?  I'm on stretch, about two weeks into the new plasma, the first thing
I did was purge discover, apper, and all the other windows clone stuff.

yeah, i get that, but the packagekit systemd service is of type dbus, so some other software must be using it to do updates.
My question was about how to find that. I have discover installed but periodic updates are disabled.