Re: cups config for Brother HL-L2340DW

On Friday 24 November 2017 03:00:59 Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 2017, arne wrote:
> > Did you try:
> > http://your-printers-ip-number/general/status.html
>
>    yes, it's one of the different methods I tried to get rid of
>    this manual feed, but without success.
>    Anyway, thank you for your help.
>    After fighting a whole day with that damned Brother, I decided to
>    return it to the seller, and bought a HP Laserjet Pro M227sdn.
>    It is more expensive, but was configured in 30 seconds, and works
>    like a charm, either for printing or scanning.
>
> best regards,

Did you even try brothers own drivers for that printer? I am sitting here
looking at two brother printers, one a $110 b&w laser, the other a color
inkjet/scanner MFJ-6920 that can do 11x17 both print and autofeed scan.
Using brothers own drivers, they Just Work(TM).

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)