Handhelds that conviently run Debian

On a regional mailing list I had described what I'm looking for as a tablet. That seems to include things that fold. Although I *DON'T* want a "smartphone", that physical form factor is desirable. It must be available as "new" from a U.S. retailer.

I have a preference for x86 processors, that is not a requirement.
I would like to use with a USB keyboard.
It will be used for simple data collection and data will be transferred to home system primarily via a USB flash drive.

I suspect I've some unrecognized assumptions.
Suggestions please.
TIA