Re: VirtualBox: shared folder broken ?

On 11/07/2017 12:57 PM, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since the last few days, VirtualBox can not mount shared drive because vboxsf
> module is not loaded.
>
> And modprobe refuses to load vboxsf:
> $ sudo modprobe vboxsf
> modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'vboxsf': No such device
>
> dmesg does not help in this case:
> [  441.872189] vboxguest: PCI device not found, probably running on physical
> hardware.
>
> Does anyone have a similar issue ?

Which Debian version/branch are you using - stable/testing/unstable?

Where did you get Virtualbox packages from?

By the way, I'm using Debian 9 with Virtualbox 5.1 and it is working
just fine. I downloaded VB 5.2 a few weeks ago but somehow IO was very
slow and I downgraded VB back to 5.1.

Kind regards
Georgi