Re: HOWTO: Setup persistent RDP sessions

Seems like a very simple solution! Do you know if this works for RDP? And what runs that vnc-run.sh? Is it executed upon SSH login, VNC login, or by the admin?

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017, 03:27 deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
Hörmetjan Yiltiz wrote:

> I would like to creates only one Xfce4 session for Alice wherever she
> connects to, however she connects to (any OS, any RDP client), until she
> kills/terminates Xfce4-session herself, so she can always keep on previous
> work.
>
> What is the simplest configuration for X11vnc to achieve this?

I am not familiar to Xfce4, but what I don't understand if you use the Xfce4
login manager or alike to spawn the vnc server.

In my setup each user has a vnc-run.sh script that has a dedicated VNC port

For example user with id 1005 gets vnc port 5905

#!/bin/sh
vncserver -geometry 1440x900 :5

If this runs once the user can connect always and from everywhere to port
5905 or in the vnc terms server:5

regards

--

Sent from Gmail Mobile.