Re: Scanner problem

On Wed 13 Sep 2017 at 08:32:34 +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:

> Many thanks for your help guys, it works. The exact line:
>
> ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="190e",
> ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"
>

> Should I /reportbug to libsane to add it in 60-libsane.rules? Because if
> I add in /etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules as mentioned by the doc, it
> no longer detects my EPSON (bcecause it bypasses
> /lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules). Or is it useless and should I be
> happy enough with setting my own conf file?/
>
> /Actually I added to /lib/... but your opinion would be nice about
> reporting bug or not./

The LiDE 120 is supported in the experimental package libsane1 (note
the name change from libsane). A bug report against libsane would be
closed when libsane1 comes into unstable but reporting a bug (with
your solution) could help other users who meet the same problem.

I'd use /etc/udev/rules.d/90-libsane.rules. This should not replace
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules.

--
Brian.