Re: Install on hp-pavilion-g6-2100 stops at 98%

Hi,

(somehow my mail download is lagging behind today, so i am out of sync a bit)

Luis Speciale wrote:
> My bad it's x86_64-efi

There goes the theory of some typo in some rarely visited corner of the code.

> Now I think that it's linux.mod my problem, I can't see where it is

Consider to boot some Live-Linux and use that for inspecting the hard
disk to which you installed nearly succeddfully.
E.g.
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-9.1.0-amd64-xfce.iso
or the variant with "cinnamon", "gnome", "kde", "lxde", or "mate"
instead of "xfce". (Why ain't there no "fvwm2" ? Are we old people ignored ?)

To be put on USB stick like the installation ISOs.
Use the MacOS way. What you did in MS-Windows is not known yet and
it seems to have yielded a different result.

(It may be that the GRUB installation unpacks the file from some
 archive which it has at backpack. Then you can search long and in vain.)

> thaks for the answer

You are welcome. Listen especially to Pascal's advice. My expert knowledge
ends when the firmware has found the boot loader of the ISO. From then on
i can mainly contribute bystander knowledge.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas