Re: Recommended editor for novice programmers?

On Saturday, September 02, 2017 03:03:23 PM Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> The first think is to realize that Linux is a kernel, not an operating
> system. A more appropriate name for the OS is GNU/Linux. Moreover, that
> is the name Debian uses for its GNU/Linux versions (it also has other
> kernels available).

This is OT to the subject of this thread,but at first I was going to comment
and say that there is also, for example, KDE/Linux, as, indeed, I rarely touch
anything graphical that is GNU.  But, then I remembered that a lot of the--
hmm, what should I call them--I'll say boilerplate even though it is not what
I really mean--command line programs are GNU.

Without being entirely sure, I guess that includes things like ls, bash, ...

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud (or maybe not thinking).