Re: Nvidia legacy driver install..

I got tired of the frequent screen lock-ups that pointed towards the nouveau driver, at least so far as I can tell by the hundreds of nouveau errors and segfaults in the logs, so I did the nvidia-legacy-304xx-driver install that was recommended by the nvidia-detect app. I did do a bit of research, including the debian wiki, to verify the pre-reqs were already in place and ran the install. Before I did I placed all of the former and known working xorg.conf files in an easy to access location, just in case.

The report is short. It worked perfectly, visually looks better and my gauge is that it got rid of most of the choppiness in GEpro. Much better. It auto-configged to HD resolution.

tony