Re: Replace systemd

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 04:41:42PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
All that can be done on a window manager only system, too.  Just install
the utility needed, either terminal or X-based..

You are missing the point entirely. I was not arguing it was impossible
to get that functionality without using a desktop environment. I was
arguing that some people *want* the desktop environment to do that for
them. Of course you can DIY. But not everyone wants to.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://jmtd.net