Re: [Stretch] apt-get has no updates?

On 06/30/2017 12:34 PM, Dejan Jocic wrote:
On 30-06-17, RavenLX wrote:

If you have unattended-upgrades package installed and it is configured
to fetch and install security updates only ( which is default ), that is
place to look for upgraded packages. You can also configure
unattended-upgrades to mail you where there was updates/upgrades and all
that jazz.

How do I go about upgrading then? I don't know of how to do it any other way
than via apt-get. Also I don't want to have it email me anything. I usually
go to the command line, do a series of commands and upgrade the system. I
would like to continue to do things that way. I do this once a week (usually
Thurs. but now I'm switching to Fridays).

Well, as you could see from your log, unattended-upgrades did it job and
upgraded security packages. If you want to keep those auto
updates/upgrades for security packages ( not that you will get much more
updates than those now that stretch is stable ), you do not have to do
anything. Security updates will be done automatically.

I saw another security update and went and checked to see what version I had installed. It looks like it did in fact automatically install the update.

While it might be hard to get used to at first, I think I'll leave it as-is since this would ensure that my system is automatically up to date on security issues.

Maybe it's a good thing after all and time for me to make a little change in my routine? :)

Would this affect other updates (ie. bug-fix) of packages or is this only for the security repo? Should I still do the apt-get routine weekly just in case? I would surmise that we probably won't get any 'normal' but fix updates for a long time since Stretch was just released?