Re: Laser Printer recommendation...

On 07/03/2017 02:46 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 12:39:06PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 03 July 2017 10:41:13 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

On Monday, July 03, 2017 07:41:31 AM Whit Hansell wrote:
Can anyone recommend a monochrome (black toner) laser printer that
is currently available and reasonably priced (<$300).  I am
interested in finding one as i am sick and tired of buying ink every
month even when I'm not printing much.
Why are you buying ink every month if you are not printing much--to be
more specific, I'm asking if something is happening to your ink (or
ink cartridge)-- is it an ink jet printer and the nozzles getting
clogged, or maybe a laser printer in a high humidity environment
making the toner get too humid to work properly?

If either of those are a possiblity, I wouldn't order a new printer
until you've considered the cause of the problem...
Yes I would, buy a new printer.  The just over $100 USD brother HL21XX
b&w laser printer I have is going on 6 years old, is on its third toner
cartridge, has printed 30 or so reams of paper, at 19ppm if the driving
computer can feed it that fast.  And its still printing like it was
brand new.

The one disadvantage for linux purists is that you must use the free to
download and install, brother driver.
A Brother with all of:

- ethernet networking
- duplex
- BR/Script3 (Their PostScript clone, which I think is actually
   GhostScript)

will not need a driver.

Current examples: HL-L5100N ($170), HL-L6200DW ($250)

-dsr-

Thank you so much Dan.