Re: Superblock last write time is in the future.

On Mon 03 Jul 2017 at 13:00:24 (-0300), Wellington Terumi Uemura wrote:
> I could say the same for for US not using a metric system, you don't change
> this by force even if it is right.

The discussion is not about units, but about reference points.¹

> I don't need UTC, many people around the world doesn't neither, leave UTC
> for those who need it.

True; before the dawn of railways, everyone lived on local time.

> We can avoid a lot of mess with that.

I have no idea what the mess is that you're trying to avoid
by using local time.

> Em 3 de jul de 2017 12:03, "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> escreveu:
>

> The future could get complicated for people not running on UTC
> if time offsets of a few seconds start to arise. AIUI timezones
> as presently implemented can't handle that.

¹ personally, the most inconvenient thing about US units is
the chaotic paper size system as there's no real way round it.
The reason that _does_ involve the units is of course that the
physical paper sizes are derived _from_ the units.

Cheers,
David.