Re: Disk Access

On 2017-07-02, Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> > Why should they have FAT or NTFS. You can put whatever you want FS on it
> IMO
>
> As far as I know, sd-cards and usb-stick are using an internal microprocessor,
> which computes lost data. There was an interesting show related to this on
> 31c3.

31c3. Is that a TV station or a planet?

> Maybe this could be a reason, that other filesystems than FAT or NTFS get in
> trouble with this hardware.

I've never had any trouble. It is true that off the shelf usb sticks
have been formatted FAT in my experience.

--
“Yeah yeah.” --Sidney Morgenbesser's retort to a speaker who said that although
there are many cases in which two negatives make a positive, he knew of no case