Debian installation issues

Hello,

I have been trying to install Debian Jessie for about a week now. I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. I have shrunk the main C drive by 25 gbs, and turned off fast boot. I downloaded the AMD-64 small CD iso, and used win32 disk imager to write it to a 2 gb usb stick. However, when I boot my computer from the disk, I get the error message "The selected boot device failed. Press <enter> to continue." I tried another program, Rufus, to write the image file. There was no difference even when I tried that. I am at a complete loss at what to do. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer, or if I am doing something incorrectly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you