Re: Choose between amd64 and i386

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 16:59:37 +0100
Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

> We've supported the wacky "64-bit platform, 32-bit UEFI" devices
> (e.g. Bay Trail) ever since the first Jessie release. If you grab a
> multi-arch netinst or DVD image, it will boot via 32-bit but let you
> start a 64-bit installation and *also* will detect the 32-bit platform
> and install the correct version of grub.

Thanks for the information, I did some reading beforehand back then and
it was mentioned nowhere (at least nowhere I looked :) that the debian
netinst installer is actually that smart, I could have tried to attach an
usb hub and attach an usb wifi adapter for the installation if I had
known.

Regards

Michael

The people of Gideon have always believed that life is sacred.  That
the love of life is the greatest gift ... We are incapable of
destroying or interfering with the creation of that which we love so
deeply -- life in every form from fetus to developed being.
		-- Hodin of Gideon, "The Mark of Gideon", stardate 5423.4