Re: Automatic updating links?

On Tue 06 Jun 2017 at 18:41:03 (+0100), Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Thanks indeed to Greg for his complete explanation and to all who provided
> help...  Yes, hardlink should be the case for what I'm looking for...  But, I
> also need that, when renaming the target file, the link would automatically
> change its name so that it keeps equal to the target's name...  Is this
> possibile?

Please be aware there _is no_ target name. All the hardlinks to
a file have the same status.

As for renaming (IIUC) if you want to rename all the file entries
together, you can pick up any instance's inode with ls, then use
find <mount-point> -inum <num>
to find all the other instances in the filesystem. Naturally,
do this in a script.

Cheers,
David.