Re: Poor X performance with Intel 8086:22b1 (Braswell)

On 05/31/2017 04:41 PM, Anil Duggirala wrote:
[snip]

... Is it possible that
installing Mate caused trouble of some sort. ...
I appreciate any help. For now, my plan, when I have time, is to
reinstall Debian Stretch, dont touch anything and configure to load
intel driver, and hope that any issues have been resolved.
thanks,

Stretch is due to make the transition from Testing to Stable in about two weeks IIRC. There are several upstream bug fixes for Mate in the works for that transition.