Re: How to >>COMPLETELY<< remove an application?

Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> writes:

> Do Synaptic, Aptitude, and possibly anything else of that family have
> similarly close but still different flags/commands?

I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread... but may have missed it.

I've noticed that some times aptitue purge does not remove everything
as show by running aptitude search on the pkg name and seeing the 'c'
(lower case `c' ) the indicates some files remain that have user
changes.

When that happens I've found that `dpkg' will most often complete the
job.  `dpkg purge  pkgname'