Re: Keys management (SSH, GPG)

* On 2017 08 Feb 18:22 -0600, commentsabout@riseup.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Debian 8.7 user.
>

> # SSH
>
> I would like to know if there is an efficient way to manage SSH keys?

There are probably better ways.  I pulled the ideas for the following
from the Web.

I put the following in ~/.bash_profile:

----------8<------------

# ~/.bash_profile

if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        source ~/.bashrc
fi

# Start keychain for sessionwide access
export SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/bin/ssh-askpass-fullscreen
eval $(keychain --eval id_abcd id_defg id_hijk id_lmno id_pqrs)

--------->8-------------

The relevant packages I installed were:

    ssh-askpass-gnome
    ssh-askpass-fullscreen

If I log into a virtual console first then I am prompted for my
specified SSH keys before I get a Bash prompt.  Likewise, when I log
into Xfce (or any desktop from a graphical login manager) then a full
screen prompt appears for the passwords before the desktop loads.

As for GPG, I don't use an agent.

HTH,

- Nate