Bug report: after booting, if laptop lid is closed without login in, the computer doesn't go to sleep

Hello,

I am a Debian 8.7 user (with Gnome 3.14.1).
On a Thinkpad X220.

I do not know where this bug would be best reported so I will let people with more knowledge than me about these sort of things fill a bug in the proper place.

# laptop lid closure not taken into account

When I start my computer and reach the login screen, if I close my laptop lid, the computer won't go to sleep mode *.

It goes actually beyond that.

If I login but don't open any application (such as the file explorer or firefox or whatever) and close the laptop lid, the computer won't go to sleep mode *.

* until I either login and open an application or just open an application depending on the case.

# cancelling a shutdown prevents the user from calling a shutdown again from the menu

This bug migh be related so I will leave it here as well.

If click on the top right menu on my desktop (the one withe the wifi indicator etc), click on the "power button" icon and then chose "cancel" in the dialog box, I can not shut the computer again via this menu until next reboot/logout-and-in, the only way to shut the computer down is to:

shutdown now

Hope this is helpful and will be reported to the right people/place.

Best,
CA