Re: Publicity: Stretch Freeze/Release Team meeting very soon

On 08/02/17 13:46, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:

> Hi :)

Hi, Cindy.

> Not sure what the protocol is for forwarding emails so am jumping off
> the ledge here by covering the topic two ways. The email's public
> Debian-Publicity link/URL is immediately below and then the email is
> attached in full further down.
>
> Thought the attached email might be of interest because they're giving
> a wide open shout out looking for all interested parties. It was
> posted by Cédric Boutillier:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2017/02/msg00012.html
>
> It was of immediate interest for me because I just debootstrap'ed both
> Stretch and Jessie this week. Am in Jessie this second... no new
> updates needed for days AND/BUT... five minutes ago, a website
> complained that my browser is out of date = here's your sign. :)
>
> That's the end of my knowledge on the team meeting topic. Am sending
> this then will be logging out of poor ol' dilapidated Jessie to get
> used to cozying up to his/her younger sibling, the up and coming shiny
> new Stretch..
>
> Happy Debian'ing!

Thanks for sharing the news. These days I was looking for information on
whether Stretch was already in full freeze since the scheduled date was
last Sunday. But I had not found anything about it. I even planned to
ask on this list to see if anyone knew anything :-)

Do you believe that in the current state of Stretch, it is stable enough
to begin migrating from Jessie or recommend wait until the final
publication date?

Kind regards,
Daniel