Re: What file system to use?

Dennis Wicks:

> I am going to install some more disks and I was wondering which file system
> to use.

Use ext4 unless you have special requirements. I would always use LVM as
well because it makes partitioning a lot easier.

> I have several ext? and a few with Reiserfs. Is there a better choice than
> Reiser now?

Probably every filesystem which is merged into the mainline kernel. I
would (still) stay away from BTRFS with jessie.

> Also, is there any way to convert from my existing fs to the
> recommended one?

Sorry, don't know that. You can always copy/rsync, of course.

J.
--
I hate myself but have no clear idea why.
[Agree]   [Disagree]