Re: Can't make writable USB thumbdrive installer anymore

Hi,

as solitone stated, the most simple way is to make use of the isohybrid
preparations of the ISO image.

> https://hyper.to/blog/link/debian-installer-on-a-usb-key/

(I wonder how this setup knows that it should use the ISO as source of
higher operating system levels.)

> No filesystem could mount root, tried:
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown - block (0,0)
> I used to be able to make
> viable writable install thumbdrives for Debian 7 and 8.  What happened?

Are you sure that your USB stick is still ok ?
Can you mount the FAT filesystem in a running Linux system ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas