Re: Impossible to install debian-8.7.1-i386-netinst.iso

On 02/01/2017 02:28 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:20:29 +0100 Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu>
wrote:

On 01/31/2017 05:49 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:34:20 +0100 Pierre Couderc
<pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:

Thank you. The computer is old, I do not see this option...
If its an old computer ...  You're using a USB keyboard, right?  It
probably has as "dedicated" keyboard port, probably circular.  (As
well as one for the mouse.)  Get an adapter and plug the keyboard
into that port. Or find an old keyboard with that type of port.
See what happens.

Thank you Patrick, but it is not a hardware problem.
Try it anyway.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

The reason I suggested it was years ago I had the same problem -- old
computer, modern USB keyboard.  The computer seemingly was designed to
use the keyboard in the dedicated keyboard port only.  Fortuantely, the
keyboard had come with the appropriate adapter.  I plugged it in and
everything worked.  FWIW: the keyboard NEVER worked using the USB port.
even after I installed Linux.  Have forgotten which distro.

Well, this is not my problem, as the USB keyboard works for Windows AND in the BIOS ! Anyway, you are right, I shall try that (if I can find an old PS2 keyboard !) in case it solves the problem without further searching : this computer is a gift to an non profit association.
But, I do not like to not understand !