bios/aes_vt

i have an option in my new pc/bios : vt virtualization
does it help the pc to work 'better' or is it used only when i run a vm ?
i have an option in my new pc/bios : aes
does it help the pc to work 'better' or is it used only when i run the
disk encryption feature ?

- are these feature related at the network (vpn/https/tor e.g.) ?

- should it not be better secured with both uncheck ?

it is a lot of question, i know , but the documentation is so
unclear/bizarre ...
- are these 'option' considered as dependencies of a cpu or as special
functions independent of the pc (controlled by the ime ? ) ?

i do not understand , sorry for my lack of intelligence , if someone could
bring a bit of light in this grey zone i should be less perplex.

(happy new year ! )