Re: No sound in Firefox

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017, deloptes wrote:

check what is set as default in your not working profile in pavucontrol.
I found that when the audio device is set as default it works. perhaps FF
has same problem. This is the green checked mark on the right in output.

  Alas, the audio device is the good one in pavucontrol, and
  actually, the files pavucontrol.ini are identical

other option is you lack permissions - if FF is only app with this issue
unlikely.

   yes, ffx is the only app with this issue

  I think that until a fix is found, I'll run ffx as root.

  thank you for your help.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel