Re: Mixing and Matching DHCP and static IPs

Pascal Hambourg wrote:

> And lose the protection provided by the firewall to wireless devices ?
> Sounds like a great idea.

It is more dangerous having the WLAN behind your firewall. I hope you
understand this.

>> or you can turn off the firewall there completely
>
> And push your logic to the limit : remove the protection for all
> devices, not only wireless ones.

your firewall will protect you anyway - devices using WLAN should have
firewalls enabled anyway on their end.

If you think you are smarter, I don't mind, but you were the one that asked
the question.

regards