Re: Out of root partition space

On 12/26/2017 5:04 AM, Doug wrote:

On 12/25/2017 08:44 PM, Sarah Johnson wrote:
Hi,
I ran out of root partition disk space and can't install or remove any more packages or even login gui window manager anymore

i spent few good hours researching for solutions and found that i can resize root and home partitions using resize2fs and lvresize tools but they are not even installed on my system

so is it safe to resize debian root and other partitions using windows machine partitioning tool ?
knowing that my debian installation is on a USB stick

Thanks
--
Sarah Johnson
Why not download GParted--the version that runs off a CD, and burn it--and use that? At least it's Linux, and has a lot of capability, like changing partition sizes, making new ones, moving existing ones, etc.

Rescue mode seems a good choise to start with.
I wouldn't use windows for that unless you have some spare time! :)
Maybe backing up your home partition might be a good idea.

--
John Doe