Re: Mixing and Matching DHCP and static IPs

> Henning Follmann wrote:
>
> > 1) You talk too much.

And you are rude. Solution: learn some manners. If you don't have the
attention span to read more than a few lines of prose, I'm not
interested in your attempts to make that my problem. As others have
demonstrated, plenty people do.

> > 2) Your network setup is overly complicated.
> > Solution: simplify! Also very important: complexity is the enemy of
> > security. Your set up should be straight forward that any issue becomes
> > apparent without any effort.

Nah -- it works fine, and has done for ages, except for this one problem
which introducing the machine that will be the DNS cache has revealed.

> > Forget about your caching dns server ( at least for now) It is just
> > another layer of complexity in your preexisting mess.

There's no point in forgetting the DNS caching, it's the only reason I'm
doing any of this, otherwise I already have a perfectly functioning
network protected by a simple layer of security and there would be
nothing to do. And where would the fun in that be? :)

Mark